Prestige institute of management, Gwalior organized 9th National Software Workshop & Contest On Android Application Development during 14th September to 17th September 2017.
In the inaugural session, Dr. Ashish (S.P Gwalior ) was the Chief Guest, Dr. R.S. jadon (H.O.D MCA Dept., MITS Gwalior) was the Guest Of Honour and Dr. Joydeep Dhar(Associate prof. IIITM Gwalior) was the Special Guest for this event. The event (Kriti-2017) was coordinated under the supervision of Prof. Satish Bansal. Total participation was 112 from various institute of Nation and Local level.
Resource person Mr. Nitin Verma, who trained participants to develop the mobile apps, conducted sessions. First day, he started the workshop by giving android introduction & Architecture and then developing apps using learning by doing approach
Following Mobile apps were developed during three days’ workshop:
1. First app, participants developed simple GUI on mobile screen.
2. Participants Developed app on Database connectivity on mobile.
3. Participants Developed app to Take image from gallery
4. Participants developed Image slider app on mobile.
On fourth and the last day, there was contest, in which 90 participants appeared. The first round was multiple-choice questions on Android Development and second round,
Participants created GUI on mobile and 35% participants went to third round & created a small app on mobile.
· The first prize of Rs.5000/- was won by Mr. Rishabh Gupta(BCA V,PIMG)
· The second prize of Rs.3000/- was won by Mr. Shivam kumar (BCA V, Maharaja college).
· The second prize of Rs.2000/- was won by Ms. Canchal jain (BCA V, PIMG).
The workshop was sponsored by Carrer Paver and student coordinators played a very important role in making this event successful.
Prof. Satish Bansal
Dep. Of Comp. Science